Lila's first week at home from the hospital was pretty much spent sleeping (she slept sporadically throughout the entire day but never for more than 2 or 3 hours at a time), eating, crying and pooping/peeing - lots of pooping & peeing. She ate basically around the clock every 2 - 3 hours for the first three weeks. At 4 and a half weeks, she amazingly slept through the night for the first time! You may not know this (I didn't at first), but sleeping through the night is actually only 5 hours for babies. Yes, only 5 hours. But when you have a newborn, 5 hours is a wonderful thing.
Within the first 2 weeks, Lila had regained her birth weight and she was doing very well. I was told that her weight was in the 50% percentile (perfect!) and her height was in the 95% percentile! She may become one tall lady! She definitely got more of Nate's genes than mine. If anyone had asked me before she was born about what she would look like, I would've said she most likely would have black hair and brown eyes. Boy was I wrong! When Lila was born, she did have dark hair, but she also had these beautiful auburn highlights and she also had greenish/blue eyes! And that hair - she had so much of it!!! That was usually the first thing everyone that saw her commented on.
In the month of May, we were lucky to have my mother-in-law with us to help with household chores, cooking, cleaning, etc. We were very fortunate to have her there to help us since I was in no condition, especially the first few weeks after giving birth, to do any of those things. My sister-in-law was also here the exact week that Lila was born. Like I said earlier, that was perfect timing on their part! Right after my mother-in-law left, my parents came to stay with us to help out and to see the baby. So I spent the first month with family, just trying to recover from labor and take care of the baby and of course, tried to get some sleep (ha!).
Within the first 2 weeks, Lila had regained her birth weight and she was doing very well. I was told that her weight was in the 50% percentile (perfect!) and her height was in the 95% percentile! She may become one tall lady! She definitely got more of Nate's genes than mine. If anyone had asked me before she was born about what she would look like, I would've said she most likely would have black hair and brown eyes. Boy was I wrong! When Lila was born, she did have dark hair, but she also had these beautiful auburn highlights and she also had greenish/blue eyes! And that hair - she had so much of it!!! That was usually the first thing everyone that saw her commented on.
In the month of May, we were lucky to have my mother-in-law with us to help with household chores, cooking, cleaning, etc. We were very fortunate to have her there to help us since I was in no condition, especially the first few weeks after giving birth, to do any of those things. My sister-in-law was also here the exact week that Lila was born. Like I said earlier, that was perfect timing on their part! Right after my mother-in-law left, my parents came to stay with us to help out and to see the baby. So I spent the first month with family, just trying to recover from labor and take care of the baby and of course, tried to get some sleep (ha!).

No comments:
Post a Comment